友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!阅读过程发现任何错误请告诉我们,谢谢!! 报告错误
依依小说 返回本书目录 我的书架 我的书签 TXT全本下载 进入书吧 加入书签

著迷英语900句-第15部分

按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!



MR。NIKZAD: Of course; Ali。 Why not? 当然可以; 阿里; 为什么不可以?
ALI: Thanks; Daddy。 谢谢爸爸。
MR。NIKZAD: What kind of party do you want; Ali? 阿里; 你想要什么样的舞会呢?
ALI: An ice cream party! 一个冰淇淋舞会!

着迷英语900 句
MR。NIKZAD: Is that what you want?那就是你想要的吗?
MR。NIKZAD: Wouldn’t you like to go to a baseball game instead? 你不想去看棒球赛吗?
ALI: Daddy; this is much better! 爸; 这样好多了!
ALI: You eat lots and lots of ice cream。 They put it in a big bowl。 And then; when you’ve eaten so
much ice cream that you can’t eat any more; you eat some more anyway。 你可以吃很多很多的冰淇
淋。 他们用好大的碗盛着; 然后; 当你冰淇淋吃到不能再吃下去的时候; 你不愿一切的继续吃。
MR。NIKZAD: It sounds terrible。 听起来好恐怖。
MRS。NIKZAD: I guess it sounds wonderful to kids。 What do you think; dear? 大概对小孩子来说;
似乎蛮好的。 亲爱的; 你认为怎么样?
MR。NIKZAD: Okay; Ali。 It’s a deal。 好的; 阿里; 一言为定。
ALI: Oh; boy! 哇! 好棒!
MRS。FARIAS: Packing is very upsetting。 收拾行李实在令人很烦;
MRS。FARIAS: I wish someone would do it for me。 我希望有人能为我整理。
MRS。FARIAS: In fact; I wish I were home now and the plane trip were over。 事实上; 我真希望现
在已经下了飞机回到家里,也结束了旅程。
JOANA: You don’t have to pack tonight。 你不必要今天晚上就收拾行李呀!
MRS。FARIAS: I know; but I want to see how much room I have in my suitcase。 Tomorrow I have to
buy presents for everyone back home。我知道; 但是我想看看箱子里能装多少东西; 明天我要去买
礼物送给家乡所有的亲友。
JOANA: Sometimes I wish I were going with you。 有时候我真希望能和你一道走。
MRS。FARIAS: Sometimes I wish you were; too; dear。 我有时候也会这样想; 亲爱的。
JOANA: I know; but you mustn’t worry about me; Mama。 I’ll be all right。 Paulo doesn’t let me out of
his sight! 我知道; 不过; 妈; 你千万不要替我操心; 我不会有事; 保罗一天到晚监视我。
MRS。FARIAS: I know you’ll be all right。 我知道你不会有事的;
MRS。FARIAS: I’m worrying about myself。 我担心的是我自己;
MRS。FARIAS: The house will seem so empty without you and Paulo。 And what if you decide to stay
here? 没有你和保罗在; 这房子会显得很空洞。 还有; 万一你决定在这里定居怎么办?
JOANA: Oh; Mama! 噢! 妈。
JOANA: Anyway; you were about to mention the gifts you had to buy。 不管怎么样; 你刚才提到你
要买些礼物。
MRS。FARIAS: Yes。 What do you think I ought to get for your father? 是啊; 你认为我该买什么给
你爸爸?
JOANA: He has just about everything; doesn’t he? 他几乎什么都有; 对不对?
MRS。FARIAS: That’s the trouble。 麻烦就在这里。
PAULO: Hi; Mama。 Hi; Joana。 嗨; 妈; 嗨; 琼娜。
MRS。FARIAS: I’m glad you’re home early。 Do you know how to fix the lock on that suitcase? It’s
stuck。 很高兴你回来得早; 那个皮箱的锁你知不知道怎么修理? 它卡住了。
PAULO: It probably needs a little oil。 大概需要上一点油。
MRS。FARIAS: Paulo; I don’t know what to get for your father。 Do you have any suggestions? 保罗;
我不知道应该买什么东西给你爸爸; 有没有任何建议?
PAULO: Why don’t you get him a pocket calculator? 为什么不给他买一个袖珍型计算机。
MRS。FARIAS: That’s a wonderful idea! 这个主意出得很好!

着迷英语900 句
MRS。FARIAS: I hope he doesn’t already have one。 但愿他还没有。
PAULO: I doubt it。 There; the lock’s okay now。 我想大概没有。 好了; 锁修好了。
MRS。FARIAS: Good。 Thank you; dear。 Where should I look for a calculator? 很好。 谢谢你; 亲爱
的。 电子计算机应该到哪里去选购?
PAULO: I know a place where I can get one on sale。 I’ll pick one up for you tomorrow。 我知道有个
地方可以买到减价的。我明天帮你买一个。
MRS。FARIAS: Thank you; dear。 You know; when I get home; 谢谢; 亲爱的; 说真的; 回家以后;
MRS。FARIAS: I’m going to wish I were back here。 我会希望我仍在这里;
MRS。FARIAS: I wish there were some way for all of us to be in the same city; or at least; the same
country。 如果有个办法使我们都能住在同一个城市; 或者至少同一个国家; 那该多好。
MICHAEL: Hi; Pedro。 How are you doing? 嗨; 佩德罗。 最近怎么样?
PEDRO: Fine。 I just wanted to stop by and say hello。 很好; 没事。。。 只是想过来打个招呼。
MICHAEL: e on in。 How about some coffee? 进来。 要不要喝点咖啡?
PEDRO: Sounds good。 似乎很棒。
MICHAEL: What’s new? You look tired。 最近在作什么? 你看起来好像很疲倦的样子。
PEDRO: I’m trying to find a present for Miguel。 He’s leaving at the end of next week。 我要找个礼
物送给米盖尔; 他下个周末就要走。
MICHAEL: That’s too bad。 真可惜。
PEDRO: He thinks so; too。 他也这样觉得。
MICHAEL: What about Marta? 玛它怎么样了?
PEDRO: Who knows? I don’t ask any questions。 谁知道? 我不过问任何事。
PEDRO: They act like teenagers in love。 他们像恋爱中的少年少女一样;
PEDRO: They cling to each other as if there were no tomorrow。 他们如胶似漆的像是没有明天了。
MICHAEL: You’re cynical today。 你今天有点不对劲。
PEDRO: Realistic。 说真的;
PEDRO: In a week; she won’t remember his name。 一个星期内; 她不会再记得他叫什么名字。
MICHAEL: e on; Pedro。 佩德罗; 拜托。
PEDRO: I’ll make you a bet。 How much? Five dollars? 我和你打赌。 多少? 五元?
MICHAEL: OK。 A five…dollar bet。 Shake。 好; 赌五块钱; 握手为定。
MICHAEL: You take your coffee black; right? 你喝纯咖啡; 对不对?
PEDRO: Right; thanks。 是的; 谢谢。
MICHAEL: I have a favor to ask。 我想请你帮我一个忙。
PEDRO: What is it? 什么忙?
MICHAEL: I’m entering an art petition; and I’d like to use your name。 我要参加一项艺术比赛;
我想用你的名字。
PEDRO: What do you mean? 我不懂你什么意思。
MICHAEL: I don’t want my father to know I’m entering the petition。 我不希望我爸爸知道我
参加比赛。
PEDRO: OK。; if you want it that way。 You finish the painting; and I’ll be happy to sign my name。 I
love to see an artist working。 好的; 如果你想这么做; 你的画完成之后; 我将会很乐意签上我的
名字; 我最喜欢看艺术家绘画。
“MICHAEL: Here’s the brochure。 They call the contest ““Young Artists’ petition。”““ 这是简章;

着迷英语900 句
这个比赛叫做「年轻艺术家的比赛」。
PEDRO: Money; Brazil; and Joana! Did they design this contest especially for you? Good luck。 Are
you submitting something new? 金钱、巴西、还有琼娜! 这个比赛是不是专为你策划的? 祝你成
功; 你是不是要用新的作品参加?
MICHAEL: Yes。 是的。
PEDRO: May I see it? 可不可以看看?
MICHAEL: There’s nothing to see。 没什么可看的;
MICHAEL: I’ve finished painting my canvas white; 我已经把画布涂上白色;
MICHAEL: and now I’m stuck。 Maybe I need a break。 Have you had dinner yet? 但现在不知如何
下笔了; 或许我需要休息一下; 你吃过晚餐没有?
PEDRO: NO。 没有。
MICHAEL: I haven’t; either。 我也没有;
MICHAEL: Do you want to go downtown? 要不要到闹区去?
PEDRO: I’m broke。 我没钱了。
MICHAEL: OK。 I’ll call that place around the corner and have them deliver a pizza。 How’s that? 好;
那我打个电话叫拐角的那家店送一个意大利馅饼来; 怎么样?
PEDRO: Fine。 很好。
JOANA: How’s the painting ing? 你的画有没有进展?
MICHAEL: I don’t know。 Last night I was up till 3:30 or 4:00; and even though I’m exhausted; I
can’t sleep。 I haven’t been sleeping well for a we ek。 我不晓得; 我昨天晚上叁点半或四点钟还醒
着。 我虽然已筋疲力竭; 可是仍然睡不着觉。 我已经一个星期没睡好觉了。
JOANA: That’s probably because you’re too tense。 大概是因为你太紧张。
MICHAEL: I don’t know what’s wrong。 我不知道是怎么回事。
JOANA: Great paintings aren’t created overnight。 Try to relax。 伟大的作品不是一夜之间所能创作出
来的; 儘量轻鬆一点。
MICHAEL: That’s easier said than done。 说的比做的容易。
JOANA: I’m sorry。 对不起。
MICHAEL: No; don’t apologize。 不; 不要道歉。
JOANA: What’s the subject of the painting? 这画的主题是什么?
MICHAEL: That’s the problem。 I want to do a portrait。 问题就在这里; 我想画一幅肖像。
JOANA: Of whom? 谁的肖像。
MICHAEL: A woman。 A modern woman。 But that’s all I know。 I’ve been drawing all week; but I
don’t like anything I’ve done。 一个女人; 一个现代女性; 但是我只知道这么一点而已。 我这个星
期一直在画图; 但是画出来的东西没有一个令我满意。
JOANA: What’s the problem? Do you know? 问题在哪里? 你知不知道?
MICHAEL: Me。 I’m the problem。 I think I’m going stale。 I’ve been painting for ten years。 在我; 问
题就是我。 我想我要老朽了(失去了创造力)。 我画画已经十年了;
MICHAEL: I should be able to do better than this。 应该有能力可以画得比这样子更好。
JOANA: I’m sure you will。 Even if you spend a few sleepless nights; it’s worth it。 我敢肯定; 你会
成功的; 即使你花几个晚上不睡觉; 也是值得的。
MICHAEL: What do you think I should do? 你认为我应该怎么做?
JOANA: Take a break for a few hours。 休息几个钟头。

着迷英语900 句
MICHAEL: No。 I mean; do you think I should give up and go into business with my father? 不; 我
的意思是说; 你认不认为我应该放弃画画而去跟爸爸作生意?
JOANA: What I think doesn’t matter。 You’ve got to be happy with what you do。 Besides; that
decision was made years ago; wasn’t it? 我怎么想都无关紧要; 你要作自己喜欢的工作; 而且; 你
好几年前就作决定了; 对不对?
MICHAEL: It was。 But things change。 是的; 但是情形会改变;
MICHAEL: Which is better for us now? 现在对我们来说; 哪条路最好?
JOANA: Michael; what do you want me to say? It’s got to be your decision。 麦可; 你叫我怎么说?
这必须由你决定。
MICHAEL: I’m not asking you to decide for me。 我不是叫你替我决定;
MICHAEL: I just want to know what you think。 我只是想知道你的想法如何。
MICHAEL: You must have your likes and dislikes。 你一定有自己的喜恶。
JOANA: Maybe I don’t。 Maybe I don’t know what to think。 也许我没有; 也许我不知道应该怎么
认为。
MICHAEL: I’m sorry。 I didn’t mean to upset you。 对不起; 我不是有意
返回目录 上一页 下一页 回到顶部 0 0
未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!